Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 4 Remodel Update

Well, I'm late at posting last weeks progress - sorry for that. I painted the main bathroom and stained more wood over the weekend. I should have a "transporter" or "rings" so I can get to Menards quickly, for the amount of times I've gone there to buy more wood to stain. I had to make one last (hopefully) trip to buy one stick of wood. I stained last night, and brought into the house this morning and put a coat of varnish on. Hope they dry quickly in the house so I can steel wool them, and put one more coat of varnish on - I like to put at least two coats of varnish.


Well, last week they got the cabinets all installed. They look great, but now my kitchen feels small again. They also installed the water line for my refrigerator, so I can have ice. Here are a couple pictures of the kitchen.



Also, in the main bath, the tub got set. The tile got installed, grouted, and sealed. I can finally take a bath at home. The shower will have to wait until next week (this week) because the shower curtain rod wasn't installed yet. Here are a couple pictures of the main bath progress.



Well, that's all for last weeks update. Stay tuned, we're coming into the home stretch. The main bath should be completed this week. The electrician still needs to come in and complete some work. Then on February 26th the countertop is scheduled to be installed in the kitchen. Then they will get the sink, cooktop, and dishwasher installed. Lastly, the crew will be in on the 27th to install the ceramic backsplash. Then we should be DONE! Maybe a few little odds 'n ends to tweak, but everything should be functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment if you'd like!