Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rain, Rain - Go Away!

Well, I think we've had quite enough rain for a while. The Quad Cities IL/IA has had over 3" of rain over the last 3-4 days. The rivers and streams are rising and we have flooding, because the ground is so saturated that any rain we get now just runs off.

I'm sure glad I had my basement waterproofed and a sump pump installed a few weeks back. I have heard the pump running on and off. Water is still running into the pit. My daughter-in-law (Shannon) father does water proofing. I highly recommend them - Menting Masonry & Waterproofing, Moline, IL.

Now that the rain is gone, the wind has kicked up, gusting up to 35+ mph at times. After last summer's power outage, due to freakishly high winds that blew through the area early one Monday morning downing many trees and power lines, I'm worried of a power outage again. I was 5 days without power. You don't know how much you take something for granted, until you are without it. Next on my agenda of home improvements - maybe a whole house generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment if you'd like!